Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Touka Gettan 21 - Where all the color at?



Well, I finally managed to pull myself away from addictive viewings of that old trainwreck called "To Catch a Predator" long enough to release Touka Gettan 21. All I can say is, thank goodness for 2D. But anyway, this is the episode that spends most of its time in black, white, and all the shades of gray in between. It's an episode where you can just about feel the sights, sounds, scents, and touches that the characters experience. And the dialogue is filled with heartrendingly poetic lines, as well. Lastly, ep 21 really starts to feel like something much closer to the beginning of the story, in terms of where the character relationships stand.

I couldn't quite do what Serin did with the styling for this episode, since I've already been using white+black outline subs throughout the show. But I managed to do a few different things that work just as well. And as usual, there's precisely one line that I'd originally mistimed due to alpha-timing in the original subs.

Torrent [CRC=9D67521E] ||

No comments:

Post a Comment