Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lovely Idol 02 - You think you've got talent?



As far as the old-school Sailor Moon definition of the term goes, I think Kotoha has the most talent of anyone in this bunch. Still, this show's manager (who actually has a name!) decides to ignore that and pursue the elusive legendary street performer, Mizuki Sakaki. But the four girls pictured above notice this obsession and decide to help, with cutely disastrous results. Nevertheless, Lovedol Gen-3's numbers are increasing, even if those increases come from unlikely places.

Batch (Nyaa) || Batch (BakaBT)

Thanks again to the Anon in the ep 01 comments for tipping me off to the audio delay issue in even-numbered episodes of AME's rip. Fortunately, the first "HA!" of the OP coincides exactly with the appearance of the title graphic. So I just had to time out the difference, which for ep 02 was 660 ms. Unfortunately, I didn't see any steam reduction in the shower scene at 8:25, so no DVD enhancements there.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I could help! Looks like I was off by a bit X_X.. and Yeah this series isn't really about that type of fanservice.

    BTW is there any way you'd reconsider The Good Witch of the West? some WMV DVD Raws have shown up.. I have also done some filtered and non-filtered transcodes from WMV to h264 which I can provide to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, too bad those raws are 396p, same as the TV-rips. Letterboxed DVDs, perhaps? I'd still have to give the show at least a partial watch first. Do you know of any place where the Anime-Keep releases can be found? I'd like to have their translations available to compare as well.

      Delete
  2. I have no idea where to find the A-K version, I only have the one from bakabt which is Ureshii X_X If you don't think its worth it that's cool.

    They went with 396 probably because it is closer to 16:9 and they probably didn't want to upscale. They could have just done Anamorphic format and set them to 16:9 for playback. I actually upscaled them to 720x480 because it looks like they cropped 8px all around.

    ReplyDelete