Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Koihime Musou OVA v2/720p

So, remember that Koihime Musou OVA I released awhile ago where I fixed up an HKDVD-level script? Well, I decided to take a look at the R1 subs to see how well they agreed with my finished product. And as it turns out, there were a lot of differences, enough that I thought a v2 was justified. In addition to translation corrections, I also cleaned up the scenetiming and joined some lines where the timing was too fragmented. And this re-release marks another milestone: the first 720p release by ReDone. However, even as I upgrade my technology to make 1280x720 watchable, I still won't be neglecting the low-res world.

P.S. Despite the in-video credit, the encode was actually done by DmonHiro. I got the file from a Hungarian group, and didn't realize they'd remuxed Dmon's release until I was looking around in MediaInfo for bitrates after releasing. I will also be releasing DVD v2 and Blu-Ray 720p versions of the Shin Koihime Musou OVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment